Professional Teeth Cleanings and Complete Checkups
Dentistry is not only about the restoration of one’s oral health to its optimal state but also about prevention and maintenance. Maintaining good oral hygiene is vital for a good smile and good physical health. Regular dental examinations and professional teeth cleanings can help in the prevention of dental and many other health problems. The American Dental Association recommends that everyone should see their dentist for checkups and cleanings at least twice a year.
Our office conducts very comprehensive dental examinations in order to evaluate the condition of your teeth and gums and provide you with effective treatment options. Our complete dental checkups include the following:
- An examination of your oral cavity: We conduct a comprehensive checkup of your teeth, mouth, and gums to check for any possible problems related to your dental health.
- Low-radiation, Digital X-rays: X-Rays help us take a deeper look at your teeth to detect any underlying issues that may not be visible to the naked eye. We use digital x-rays that emit much less radiation than normal X-Rays.
- Oral cancer screening: We conduct a comprehensive oral cancer screening as a part of our regular dental exam to rule out the possibility of its occurrence and to administer timely treatment in case any abnormalities are noticed.
- Professional Dental Cleaning: A deep dental cleaning performed at our office will help you get rid of plaque, tartar, food particles and harmful bacteria in those hidden areas of the mouth where your brush and floss cannot reach. Cleanings help in the prevention of tooth decay, gum disease, and bad breath.
- Patient education: Our expert staff takes the time to educate you about the best oral health care practices and an at-home dental care regimen to help you take care of your teeth.
Regular professional teeth cleaning and dental exams can keep you healthier and looking better. For more information, please feel free to call our office at (940) 566-1066.